Are you an adventurous soul longing to explore the magnificent land of Turkey? As an Armenian citizen, embarking on your journey may seem like a daunting task. Fear not! In this comprehensive blog post, we have gathered all the crucial information you need about Turkey visa requirements specifically tailored for Armenian travelers. So grab your passport, pack your bags and get ready to uncover the hidden wonders of this enchanting country – it’s time to make those travel dreams a reality! Turkey Visa for Antigua Barbuda Citizens
Overview of Armenia-Turkey Relations
Armenia and Turkey have a long and complicated history. The two countries share a border, but relations between them are strained. Armenia has an embassy in Ankara, but Turkey does not recognize Armenia as a country. Turkish citizens need a visa to enter Armenia, and Armenian citizens need a visa to enter Turkey.
There have been several attempts at normalizing relations between Armenia and Turkey, but so far they have all been unsuccessful. In 2009, the two countries signed the Zurich Protocols, which would have allowed for the opening of their border and the establishment of diplomatic relations. However, the protocols were never ratified by either country’s parliament.
In 2016, there was another attempt at normalizing relations when Armenia and Turkey signed the Ankara-Yerevan Roadmap. This roadmap called for the opening of the border between the two countries within six months. However, once again, neither country’s parliament ratified the agreement.
The current status of relations between Armenia and Turkey is tense. On April 24th, 2018, Turkey closed its border with Armenia “for security reasons.” This closure has put a strain on trade between the two countries and has made it difficult for people to travel between them. Turkey Visa for Armenian Citizens
Types of Turkish Visas for Armenian Citizens
The Republic of Turkey requires all Armenian citizens to obtain a visa before entering the country. There are several types of Turkish visas available for Armenian citizens, depending on the purpose and duration of their trip.
• Tourist Visa: A tourist visa is required for Armenian citizens traveling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes. This type of visa is valid for up to 90 days and can be obtained from any Turkish embassy or consulate.
• Student Visa: An Armenian citizen traveling to Turkey for study purposes must obtain a student visa. This type of visa is valid for up to one year and can be obtained from any Turkish embassy or consulate.
• Work Visa: An Armenian citizen traveling to Turkey for employment purposes must obtain a work visa. This type of visa is valid for up to one year and can be obtained from any Turkish embassy or consulate.
• Transit Visa: An Armenian citizen in transit through Turkey must obtain a transit visa. This type of visa is valid for up to 72 hours and can be obtained from any Turkish airport upon arrival.
How to Apply for a Turkish Visa as an Armenian Citizen
Armenian citizens can apply for a Turkish visa in one of the following ways:
1. Online: Armenian citizens can apply for a Turkish e-Visa through the official website of the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The e-Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue and allows for multiple entries into Turkey.
2. At a Turkish diplomatic mission: Armenian citizens can also apply for a Turkish visa at a Turkish diplomatic mission in their country of residence. All required documents must be submitted to the diplomatic mission, and the visa will be issued on the spot if everything is in order. The visa will be valid for 90 days from the date of issue and allows for multiple entries into Turkey.
3. On arrival: For those Armenian citizens who are unable to apply for a visa in advance, it is possible to obtain a visa upon arrival at any major airport or seaport in Turkey. All you need to do is present your passport and fill out a short application form. The visa will be valid for 30 days from the date of issue and allows for single entry into Turkey.
Popular Tourist Destinations in Turkey
Turkey is a beautiful country with plenty of tourist destinations to offer. For Armenian citizens, it is important to note that Turkey visa requirements vary depending on the purpose of your trip. If you are traveling for business purposes, you will need a different visa than if you are traveling for tourism purposes.
Popular tourist destinations in Turkey include Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, and Antalya. Each city has its own unique attractions and activities to enjoy. In Istanbul, visitors can explore the ancient city of Constantinople, visit the Topkapi Palace, or take a cruise on the Bosphorus Strait. Ankara is the capital of Turkey and home to many historical sites such as the Anitkabir mausoleum and the Temple of Augustus. Izmir is a coastal city with beautiful beaches and plenty of opportunity for watersports. Antalya is another coastal city known for its dramatic cliffs, sandy beaches, and clear turquoise waters.
When planning your trip to Turkey, be sure to check the visa requirements carefully so that you can obtain the correct visa for your travel purposes. With proper planning, you can enjoy all that Turkey has to offer without any difficulties.
We hope this article has helped you to understand the visa requirements for Armenian citizens traveling to Turkey. Remember that it is important to plan ahead and make sure all your paperwork is in order before you leave, and that having a valid visa on hand will help smooth out any other issues when you arrive at your destination. With careful preparation, exploring Turkey can be an unforgettable experience!